What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by RE Mentor. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

1 of 1
Being a new investor, RE Mentor's events have given us the motivation and the confidence to know that we can step out on our own and take the next step into purchasing multi-family units. Thank you! The support and knowledge base that you have brought to our group has put our multi-family investing business on the right track. Read more
1 of 1
Never once was there any doubt in our mind that we would not be able to do this. The training was very encouraging and kept us on the right track. Our coach guided us step by step but at the proper time had us start looking for other deals to keep the machine constantly running. Before we closed on our first deal we also had a 110 unit apartment complex and a 500 unit storage facility under contract. As we are moving along with those we are... Read more
1 of 1
We just wanted to say thank you so very much for providing us with your experience and leadership. Your training has provided us with the tools we needed to negotiate, perform, finance, and close. We closed on a 16-unit property recently are closing on another 20-unit apartment next month. When some of us start out, the fact that we can own an apartment is daunting, if not impossible. But with all the education you supply us, the way to take... Read more
I attended the seminar in February 2018 in Jacksonville Florida. I have invested 25,000 in this program and received nothing in return. The young lady who I was paired with ghosted after the first three weeks, red flag number one. After several meetings without her...

I am believing every word you have stated. promises after promises.

my business partner and I are going to ask for our refund we did get this in writing before we agree to give money. I have a feeling somehow it will bogus and get the run around

Re Mentor Seminar
Pros
  • Fantasy dave sold me
Cons
  • Ans
  • Greg rocheleau pushy sales person
  • That a convicted child molester is the spokesman for re mentor
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
RE Mentor's reply to:

Good Afternoon Mr. Davis, I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff here at RE Mentor. Please know that your situation was an exception. We are known for taking ownership for our mistakes and caring deeply about our customers. We can’t fix the past but you have...

ReMentor is a Scam!!

Good Afternoon,

I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience with us here at RE Mentor. Your review is concerning to me. I would like to get the chance to address your individual issues and concerns. Please call the home office at 781-982-5704 and I would be happy to speak with you. Until then, please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you've had.

support@rementor.com
ID

Re mentor pay the motivation speakers to boost your confidence and say they started from zero but that’s a lie.During the first meeting you have to pay. $1495.00 and after that you go to a 3 day meeting that they try to get $30,000.But than they come up with the deal of the day if you purchase now for$15,000!

A person that is having financial issues cannot afford this.I paid $1495.00 and was told that I could not get my refund.

Like they say it takes money to make money and there Motivational Speakers will have you believing that a person with little money can make thousands of dollars following their plan.Its all a well thought out Scam!!

RE Mentor's reply to:

Discovered a few gold nuggets

Thank you for leaving this review. We are thrilled that you were happy with your experience with RE Mentor; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to working with you again.
Re Mentor Seminar
Pros
  • Quality of information
Good quality

I attended one of their free workshops.

Yes, they tried to sell me something, but the speaker was upfront from the very beginning of the presentation about the additional paid training. There were never any surprises or strong-arm sales tactics, which was nice.

Based on other reviews, I was not sure if I would receive all the free gifts that were promised. I asked a staff member and they told me all the materials would be sent digitally to my email address after the event. I ended up receiving everything a few hours after the event.

The speaker did a good job and I was able to take away a few gold nuggets about multi-family real estate investing.

Overall, my experience was good and the staff was friendly.

RE Mentor's reply to:

Dear VelvetyBullTerrier176, We are disappointed that we did not meet the expectations you may have had. We always aim to deliver a great experience. The "free" gifts that are offered for attending the live 2-hour event are emailed to all attendees upon completetion of...

I know someone that worked for Dave Lindahl. She met him 1 time.

They stronghold you over the phone and it is not easy to get your money back...Many would cry an call in. The majority of the people did not do their homework as far as looking into the programs before investing their hard earned monies.She was also given a difficult time about getting her commissions...You can learn what they taught on the internet...The family run business is a scam...The 'scheme of dreams'....Don't believe it...Stay far away from this one!

Mesa, Arizona

Breach of contract

Dear DangerousMountainGorilla,
I apologize on behalf of everyone here at RE Mentor. Please know that your situation was an exception. As you can see on other reviews, we are known for taking ownership and caring deeply about our customers. We can’t fix the past but you have my personal commitment to improve the way our staff serves every customer. Please contact me here at the home office so that we may discuss your personal experience in more detail. I can be reached at 781-982-5704 or via email at support@rementor.com

ID

I paid $1500 to attend a 3 days seminar. It primarily covered what they will teach, how they will do it and what kind of results you can expect if you apply the techniques.

So I paid $25000 for their REMentor Gold coaching program for 6 months. This is their low end coaching. Over seven weeks went by and i never heard from anyone after the check cleared. So i kept following up.

They kep passing me to other departments, And kept telling me im not in their system as a student. Thats when i started asking for my money back....

I spoken to the David Lindalh sister Tammy 4 time regarding the refund. She said they're going to refund my money after they deduct their fee for service....What service i asked...i still havent received an breakdown of fee for service or a dime of my $25,000 yet

I have worked for RE Mentor for more than 15 years. In all that time I have never had my paycheck be late, and furthermore I have never received a phone call from a creditor that any of our bills were late.

I don't know who that is complaining about not getting paid, but that has never once happened to me. They are more than fair, and they run a tight ship-no monkey business which is the attraction for me.

I am sure they also allow anyone to counter a complaint and give a positive review...and that person could be a family member, friend or employee of the company.

My friend knew Tammy very well...This is how they worked in the office. They tried even not to pay her!They sent a check,and when she deposited in her account,it BOUNCED! I hope you get your money back...I am surprised they are still in business....

Pissed Consumer will allow anyone to anonymously file a complaint about any company. Many times these are competitors, ex-spouses, ex-employees or someone else who has never made a purchase from the company.Pissed Consumer does nothing to verify the validity of the issue and only uses the one-sided story.Sure, you can file a reply but once you have been accused this stays in the backs of the mind of many consumers and it will hurt your business.Pissed Consumer definitely needs to take the time to verify that these comments are in fact valid before publishing defamatory information.

They should also change their rules on adding information to a review that is irrelevant.IE: Owner of a company has been divorced 4 times, what does that have to do with him not warrantying a transmission in a car? This is the types of things you will find on this website.

View more comments (3)

SAVE YOUR $$$$

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. Here at RE Mentor we do aim to please all of our cutomers. We do understand that we are not always a great fit for everyone. I would like to hear more about your specific experience. Please contact me here at the home office so that we may discuss your personal experience in more detail. I can be reached at 781-982-5704 or via email at support@rementor.com

ID

The worst company out there.Get your license...You can do that for $200.00 and make a TON of money without waiting for these blood suckers!

@PissedConsumer1559453

While there may be a few people that make up defamation claims to slander someone, there is no way an overwhelming ratio of reviews will be negative unless you motivated them by *** off the consumer". It is a red flag that you, your employees, or your business model are doing things very wrong.

RE Mentor's reply to:

We invite you to contact us at support@rementor.com, so we may discuss your specific personal experience with RE Mentor. Thank you. Dani Sedleski RE Mentor

Thank you for exposing this educational business. I figured It out at the first saminar I attended.

I wonder if David Landahl even a real person. Lol

RE Mentor's reply to:

Dear NonchalantCanaanDog, Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. We have looked into this issue and resolved all elements promptly and accurately. Sincerely, Dani Sedleski RE Mentor

Thank you for this review. Apparently they are coming back to Florida (next week) and I wanted to see if it was even worth my time attending.

It is absolutely NOT!!! Thanks again!

Rockland, Massachusetts

(800) 649-0133
Contact RE Mentor Customer Service

RE Mentor Blog

NOPE!!!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we will do better. We aim to express the value and importance of the Multi-Family Millions Home Study Course, as it is one of the most imperitive parts of the program. All of the other programs and trainings that we offer are optional for students. They are not mandatory.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly at RE Mentor with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.
Pricing issue

I recently attended a seminar in San Francisco as a guest because I know a con when I see one. One of the coaches told my friend and I that they were an "Educational Company" which means selling the course/dream is their core business.

I thought $1500 was a bit much for a weekend seminar and sure enough on the second day they pitched a $40,000 up-sell to "Continue" your education. I think I left skid marks getting out of there!!!

All you're doing is financing a different amount of money for a different kind of property. If you've ever owned a home, you've already done this! I already know how to ride a bicycle so therefore I don't need to pay someone $40,000 to teach me how to ride a fancy bicycle.

P.T. Barnum said it best...There's a sucker born every minute...

Precisely! My cousin worked there an he brother wanted to as well...There was a lot of scamming going on INSIDE the company as well,with commissions not being paid...They sold her a bill of goods as well about the monies she would make,and how the commission/bonus structure would work.Dave Lindahl and his family made more money preying on those who had a dream ,and would not pay their mortgage,would eat ramen noodles,and save EVERY PENNY to attend the seminars...They also took advantage of the elderly and made her contact those that were especially difficult. They would steal, abuse and lie in the office.When she was let go finally, they didn't pay her for 5 weeks and BOUNCED THAT CHECK!

I saw it all from the inside.I saw how people were scammed on a regular basis.They would take money from those that were broke and believed they would help.What a horrific experience.Dave Lindahl's family worked the office and they had people on the phones that promised Dave's number if they paid 10,000 and more for the program.He was pretty much non exsistant and the sales team was brutal.They owed me money and fired me when I saw what they REALLY were all about...Told me I didn't fit in.Yup! I called them on their stealing lying and cheating.Do NOT give this company a penny.They had old ladies crying because they made promises and took their money.

Thank you for your input.

This place is attached to reputation defender's. We know this act probably tell me to drop dead after I look at this Union

View more comments (3)

Rip Off Mentor

Dear Mr. Nicholas,
I apologize on behalf of everyone at RE Mentor. Please know that your situation was an exception. As you can see on other reviews, we are known for taking ownership and caring deeply about our customers. We can’t fix the past but you have my personal commitment to improve the way our company serves every customer. I urge you to reach out to us at our home office at 781-982-5704 if you would like to discuss your personal concerns further. Until then, please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of everyone on the team.

support@rementor.com
Re Mentor Seminar
Cons
  • Deceptive practices
Bad quality
Loss
$12000
Preferred solution
Full refund

I attended the Dave's 3-Day Real Estate seminar in DC area at cost of $700. Basic information was communicated to the attendees.

This was also an upselll to the Silver/Gold Mastery Program . The guy who signed me up promised me all of these things and then conveniently disappeared within the next 2 weeks after he signed me up. In addition, the guy they matched me with (mentor) was giving me basic information during my weekly coaching sessions.(IE Place an in newspaper similar to the example he sent and call me back next week. In addition, some weeks he was not available and sometimes I could not make it at set time.

Either way they would count a full 1-hour Session regardless if you wrote e-mail and did not speak by phone. Moreover, Dave gives different agreements to different people. Some have 2-week cancellation policy others don't have anything. I was asking for my money back within first month as I experienced all this.

I never heard back from these people. My opinion this thing is a scam similar to the Donald Trump Real Esate Academy . A few people can do this however more than 75% is scammed in every city they go.

They make their money by writing and getting you to sign these agreeements that are a total mispresentation. My hope is the Government will take this guy out in the near future.

Thank you. you have saved me from investing my hard work money on the 3 day training.

Glad I read this review. Thanks for sharing.

I have gotten all my money back through complaining to the Federal Trade Commission. I strongly recommend you get in touch with them. I had no luck until I did.

@PissedConsumer1473794

I went to this last night and the pressure was huge...Wondering if it is worth it or not. Not sure...Looking for feedback to do this or not?

@PissedConsumer1483649

Just did the 3-day bootcamp and the instructor was very knowledgeable and chock-full of good info. This is a subject not to be taken lightly. Of course there is the $40k upsell, but if you trust yourself to do the work, I could be quite profitable.

@PissedConsumer1510422

This is horrible advice. Michelle, why would anyone in their right mind pay 40K to some strange RE investor or company you don't know.

This is just another example of how desperate people can get in this kind of an economy. What you will learn if you give this scam artist 40K. RE has many intangibles that cannot be quantified . Statistically speaking you look at the probabilites of this type of investment Dave wins either way .However, you on the other hand don't share the same profit model that Dave.The deck is stacked against us for all of the intangibles we are not able to account for.

Further, just look on this site at all of the complaints vs the positive feedback. Finally, scam artists like this are created by people that are willing to give anything to appese this kind guy with false hope of success.

@PissedConsumer1511953

Hey John, I'm from real ville. Not negative at all just in regards to this opportunity to be scammed.

Once again, if RE mentor could be doing all this stuff himself without competition then he would. However, at this of the industry he can make more money by getting people to sign his agreements.

RE full of intangibles so if you don't mind parting with 40K than have at it. Remember they are not responsible for anything that goes wrong.

#1511953
@PissedConsumer1510422

Theo,I find your response very interesting. Every successful person in any industry has a mentor and someone to go to.

So many people outside of Dave’s organization and in bigger pockets recommend Dave’s program. If you don’t know what bigger pockets is then you don’t know anything about real estate. Why would they endorse David Lindahl? It’s because his product works.

The list of testimonials is telling of this organization. Yes can you find information online? Absolutely. But if I could get an experienced investor helping me, why wouldn’t I pay for their help.

I’ve been to several rementor events and they are always straightforward and do not pressure me at all. It’s so sad to see such negativity instead of looking at what they can do.

@PissedConsumer1510422

Is this Michelle my wife? I can believe you gave them $40K to be mentored, you know more then they do.

@PissedConsumer1473794

I am going to a Meeting with RE Mentor on June 5 in Schaumburg.Please send me Info on what you want me to ask.lawrencejohn777@***.com

View more comments (15)
RE Mentor's reply to:

Worst experiance of my liife.

Ms. Vaccarezza,I would love to speak to you or your son regarding your experience.

I would love to know what happened during your sons experience. We take pride in helping our students and making improvements where they can be made.Jermaine Evans
Poor customer service

I am a senior citizen. Who worked hard all my life.

I saved some money for my retirement, but son as I retired I found out that I needed either to continue working or invest to earn more money to be able to pay my bills. I saw Mr. Lindahl's add for a seminar on how to invest in Real Estate. I singed up and took my son Robert with me.

I paid $1,500 for the 2 day seminar. At the end I decided that was not for me. But my son was talked to into attend the 3 Day Boot Camp for which they charged 15,000.00. My son would attend the seminar and I would pay for it, since it will be a great investment according to one of the people that works for him.

The boot camp was a disaster, They didn't have any investment properties to show except the ones the probably saw in a listing, you could tell they did not know any thing about those properties. Anyhow There's so much to tell about this scam. The thing is He charged 15,000 Thousand Dollars. I never saw him, never met him ever.

we received a box of his videos and assigned a so called Coach. coach send my son a letter that I still have it. saying that he should get together with friends and ask them to find people that want to invest, also every time my son would find a property , which he was assigned to do. He was asked if he was a Broker or a Real Estate agent.

and of course he was neither. at the seminar they tell you that you don't have to Know any thing about Real Estate, you just have to learn How to Invest in Multifamily apartments and for that you have to study his class. $15, 000.000 Dollars out of my retirement account. I am an Old woman and I need my money back I have sent many emails to him but he never replays.

People need to know what this man is doing the way he is taking their money for nothing in return. I would like to tell him about the sleepless nights I have and how much I still worry. The district attorneys of his state and the state of California will be notified about this. Thank you much.

My name is Vilma Vaccarezza.

My phone # is ( 408) 578 ****. He can call me before my attorney will.

RE Mentor's reply to:

Great reource. GREAT people!

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to working with you again.

ID
#1207834 Review #1207834 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Re Mentor Course
Good quality

In all my dealngs with this company, every single person AND interaction has been fantastic! There is no fiduciary rule in education, but this entire organization is run as if every associate is directed to determine what is best for their clients.

No one tried to sell things I didn’t need; they simply tried to find ways to help me. Simply amazing!

WOW!

Obviously you work for the company

@Christy S Ghp

awesome

RE Mentor's reply to:

These people abuse if you don't sign up for bootcamp!

Sorry you had a negative experience. If you have the name of the person you spoke to regarding your conversation can you please let me know. I would love to give that person's name to our owner.Jermaine Evans(781) 982 -5811jevans@rementor.com
ID
#1206230 Review #1206230 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Re Mentor Customer Care
Poor customer service

The person whom i was trying to get more information on what else happens at bootcamp and how the funding/marketing works, he started abusing me and name calling. He asked me what I did for a living, when i started talking, he said he is not interested in knowing that!

I was of the opinion that they might ask for more money in the boot camp to get access to the software.

Also, they didn't mention that we have to spend our own money for the letter marketing.

I finally decided not to sign up due to his abusive behavior. Imagine the behavior before you sign up, after the sign up these folks may not even come to help!

Good day to you, I am very sorry that you received poor customer service from anyone in our organization. I have worked with Dave Lindahl for 20 years, and can tell you we pride ourselves in the manner we treat the students.

Our goal to each student is to find the best education for your particular needs and assist you as you learn.

I hope that you will one day give us another chance to win your trust and if I can assist you in any way I am more than happy to do so. Jeannie Orlowski 339-469-****

Attend if you have about $40K to spare

Thank you very much for expressing your feelings regarding the 3 Day boot-camp that you attended. We really appreciate your feedback.

We pride ourselves on making things comfortable for our students. Our 3 day boot-camp is designed to give any student the ability to acquire 2-200 units if they choose. We do have additional education for those folks who feel they may need additional help. We don't pressure anyone to get the additional education.

We will recommend it if we feel it can benefit your business.

Our #1 core value is "Our success is based on our students success". We are still here to help you in any way we can with your real estate business.Jermaine Evans(781)982-5811jevans@rementor.com
ID
#1205895 Review #1205895 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pricing issue

I had attended the 3 day event, $1,500, downtown Sacramento and thought I was going to be good to go on making real estate money. It was hard enough to put out $1,500 and was told you will have a crash course in making money, but was surprised that in order to really make money, you'll need all the extra bells and whistles which will cost you $40K. The $40K covers your coach and networking event in Boston and help in closing your first home in about 8 months. All you really get for the $1,500 were tons of reading materials and some processes advice on how to go about doing this on your own if you can't afford the $40K. Half the time in the 3 day crash course were hypes and success stories, but of course who wouldn't show success stories at their selling event.

For someone like myself with no $40K laying around, they were really pushing me to take out or find the $40K somewhere. That would of cleaned out my bank account and have instant credit card debt if I did.

I love it that they advertise the seminar, by saying the course is for everyone and you can do it with "no money" of your own. What that really meant is that you can probably purchase your investment with investors money, not your own, but fail to say that the initial $40K and $1,500 would really come out of your pocket to get started.

I can't say if this is a scam because I did not pay the $40K because I was really worried if there are other surprise fees. So word of advice, if you do decide to attend, make sure you have money to spend/invest.

In April I attended a 2 hour RE Mentor seminar in Los Angeles. The presenter talked at the speed of light for one hour.

The presenter was pushing people to IMMEDIATELY !! go back to the room and sign up for the 3 day seminar. The next day I responded to an email and was immediately !! emailed back.

I was told that I just !! received a phone call. I went home & the company representative asked me to call back IMMEDIATELY !!

to discuss signing up for 3 day seminar. A high pressure sales pitch !!!Gary Hartung, Simi Valley, Ca.

I agree

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article